Given the name of the site, I can not fail to dedicate a backpack page.
The backpack choice
Going up and down the mountains, we need to take with us all the essentials, both outputs of a day and those of several days. For essential not mean the radio to hear the news, nor the slippers for the shelter nor the book of Henry Potter, which are devouring the last chapter.
For essential I mean those things that can be of help in case of problems / Emergency:
- proper clothing on the trip and the season
- to drink and to eat
- We need to not lose (map, compass, …)
- first aid
Obviously the more days it is on trails, the greater the load that we carry us on his shoulders, but it holds true to a certain point, and soon you’ll see why.
The capacity of a backpack it is measured in liters: backpacks for day excursions should not be larger than 35 liters. For outputs of several days in shelters charge normally is enough a backpack of 40-50 liters. Something different if you go around in a tent, because you have to take with you the tent, sleeping bag, the mat, stove, various pots and pans, etc., So you use backpacks XXL size (definitely from 60 liters up) .
Find the backpack from A2zgov that is right for you is like finding boots that fit your feet and your walk. If the backpack choice you should consider some basic factors:
- The backrest must be suitable to you (a bit ‘as the boots) and possibly let her back breaths.Once the backrest was made by a rigid structure (internal or external), on which was placed the bag. Today there is no need for gimmicks like, which are among other things heavy. Thinks my backpack I can crumple to throw it in your washing machine and wash it comfortably.
- Also the shoulder straps must be calibrated on your forms, must also be soft, padded shoulders to avoid piallamento
- Fundamental is the fascia that runs life.This element has revolutionized how to use the backpack, because, once properly closed (the fascia must also support on) allows download of the weight from the shoulders to the pelvis
- Also the shape has its importance: if you go on climbing, climbing or even walking and you have to pass in narrow rocky crevices is good that the backpack is “thin”, that is, his profile should not go out from that of your body, or else backpack should be constantly banging.
There are other useful things (although not essential) to consider:
- The presence of external pockets, which allow to recover the material used more frequently without having to open the backpack.The most typical example is “Where do I put the bottle?”. If you have side pockets, probably this is the most suitable place to hold the bottle
- External hooks. You’ve surely seen that many backpacks are equipped with traps and snares that make it seem like the backpack of a Christmas tree. But they have a well-defined function, the use of which depends on what you go to do in the mountains. We are the leading ice axes, the laces where to attack snowshoes, tapes that allow to tie the tent outside. It is not easy to understand at first what they do, so ask your dealer. These laces also have the function to keep the compact backpack.
- Built coprizaino. Many backpacks offer this possibility: in a pocket hides the waterproof sheet that, in case of rain, is extracted to cover and protect the backpack and its contents
- The camel bag: it is the sort of bag provided long straw, which has the function of water bottle. The camel bag, once filled with water, should be placed inside the backpack and a straw out of a special hole, allowing you to quench your thirst while walking, without having to stop and remove the bottle. Personally I have never used it, so I can not tell you anything about its real utility.
- Backpacks for multi-day trek (those from 40 liters up) often supplied additional clamp, which closes at chest height.It serves to increase the stability of the backpack, so that if you move sideways, the backpack begins to rotate around your body. For girls the clamp can be a problem, because it can crush the breast. For this reason, the clamp should also be adjustable in height.
- Please also note that there are backpack models designed specifically for women
For their purchasing decision, the same recommendations that I gave you for your boots.
First of all you get an idea as accurate as possible of what we want to do with the backpack that you’re getting ready to purchase: 1 or multi-day trips? Only hiking or snowshoeing, glacier climbing? In tents or without? Use it only in summer or winter?
Then go to your local store (armed with patience because you will need to spend a bit ‘of time) and tells the clerk your needs, asking to try 2-3 different backpacks. Do not be fooled by the color, the sberluscenti inserts, from 5000 zipped pockets (remember, the more extra stuff is present, the greater the likelihood that one of these breaks, so simplicity is always a good rule of thumb).
Then you have to fill the backpack, because you have to simulate a real excursion. Infilaci inside his coat, sweater you wear, ask the clerk to give you the other material present in the store to make the backpack into operation.
You wear it, you adjust the shoulder straps and take a ride to the store.
Repeat the game with other backpacks that you want to test: the end of the year you should have understood what is the backpack for you.
This is a typical backpack by a day.
Has the upper hinge, two side pockets for water bottles, the capacity is limited (especially on a day we should not take us behind the house),
usually the shoulder straps and cummerbund are quite small, so we must not bring quintal of things with us.
Here is a backpack from multi-day trek.
The capacity is increased, is equipped with top cover and the cummerbund and shoulder straps are much more padded.